Smart ways to style them
If you live a country where the temperatures are below absolute zero, you will need to have your wardrobe stuffed with many, many cozy and warm clothing items.
Knitted sweaters are our favorite. They are cozy, adorable and even though they don’t always look stylish (if worn with super basic pieces) there are many ways to update your looks. You can definitely bring your knitted sweater to a whole new level with the help of accessories, but not only.
The coolest thing bout these sweaters is their versatility – this allows you to wear them from home to work, without looking weird.
How to wear knitted sweaters? Here are our styling ideas:
- Nowadays, fashion bloggers are big on the chunky knit too, dressing their sweaters with tutu skirts, mini denim skirts, even leather pants. That is a simple, yet stylish way to bring a feminine touch to your everyday looks.
- You can keep the ladylike balance by wearing a chunky sweater tucked in a matching color skirt.
- How about choosing a knitted sweater in a warm, still strong color like mustard yellow? That will look awesome if paired with a wide-brim fedora, black skinnies and a statement black leather handbag.
- A smart way to wear your sweater as long as possible, is to opt for one in a neutral color that will work with basically any other item from your wardrobe. For example you can mix a nude sweater with a relaxed mini skirt, with classy jeans, feather skirt even a skirt with sparkles. There are so many possibilities.
- If long enough, a knitted sweater can be worn as a dress with your favorite black skinnies, some biker boots or high-heel ankle boots.
- If you want a look that will steal the spotlight, go for a sweater in a bright color, like neon pale yellow. Wear it atop matching shirt, tucked in a pair of tailored wide-leg trousers. You can wear this look with both sandals or boots.
To minimize the bulky look always remember to wear the knitted sweater tucked in your pants or skirt.
The best way to get inspired is to follow fashion bloggers’ street style, make some notes to your book and remember them for your next shopping trip to the mall.